Revealed :Messi sends out confident message to Ronaldo after his undeserving 7th ballon d’or win over him .

 Lionel Messi has admitted he is unsure

 if his record of 7 Ballon d'Or wins will ever 

be matched. The Argentine added that 

the number of awards he has won were 

'impressive'.




On Monday, France Football handed 


out this year's Ballon d'Or, and Lionel Messi 


edged out Robert Lewandowski. The 


PSG star finished ahead in votes, with 


the Bayern Munich star coming in second, 


while Chelsea's Jorginho finished 3rd.



While speaking to the media after the 


Ballon d'Or ceremony, Lionel Messi openly


 admitted that his feat of 7 wins is unlikely


 to be matched. He said in the press 


conference:



"I don't know if the record is beatable

. I just have to accept it but I'm not

 sure if it can be beaten. Seven 

is really impressive."


Cristiano Ronaldo slams Ballon d'Or

 chief for saying that his only 

ambition is to win more awards 

than Lionel Messi





Last week, France Football editor 


Pascal Ferre revealed that Cristiano 


Ronaldo wanted to end his career with 


more Ballon d'Or awards than Lionel Messi. 


However, the Manchester United star 


has rebuffed the claims and blasted the 


Frenchman for using his name for publicity.



Cristiano Ronaldo took to Instagram 


to post:



"Pascal Ferre lied and used 

my name to promote himself and 

to promote the publication that 

he works for. It's unacceptable for

 the person responsible for handing

 out such a prestigious award 

to lie in this way and to show 

disrespect to someone who has

 always respected France Football

 and the Ballon d'Or."


"He lied again today to justify my 

absence from the ceremony 

due to an alleged quarantine that

 has no reason to exist. I always 

congratulate whoever wins, in 

tandem with the sportsmanship 

and fair play that have underpinned

 my career since the start and 

I do that because I'm never against

 anyone. I always win for myself 

and for the clubs that I represent.

 I win for myself and for those who

 love me. I don't win against 

anyone."


Lionel Messi's win has become a debate


 in the world of football, with many of the 


top footballers claiming it should have 


been Robert Lewandowski or Jorginho 


winning the award this year instead of the


 Argentine.



Also read: "In my eyes, Cristiano Ronaldo 


would have also come before Messi" - 


Kroos and Casillas puzzled by Messi's 


Ballon d'Or win

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking news:Manchester United fans are happy as Manchester United land the transfer of a star defender and ready to axe maguire .

Breaking news: Finally good news for Chelsea fans ,as Chelsea seal the deal for a new left back ,amid chilwell being injured ,the blues are not stopping on this ....